Chilly



This is Chilly, my friend Maryna's black labrador.

Chilly eats anything and everything. A few days ago, he must have eaten something that made him very ill. This evening, he had to be operated on because his x-rays revealed something which seemed to be a golf (?) ball inside his stomach.

It's a good thing my friend had taken Pet Insurance for Chilly, because, as anywhere in the world, Pet Care is very expensive. Incidents like this cost about £2,500. Imagine that! Because this was so unexpected, not having Chilly's insurance would have meant they'd have to put him down. That would have been the saddest thing.

Right now, I don't know how his operation went. I can only pray for him. Chilly is so much a part of my friend's family, that I like to refer to him as her youngest. He will be celebrating his 1st birthday soon, and I hope I'll finally be able to meet him at last.

I've been thinking about this all evening...had I pursued my dream of becoming a Veterinarian, how would my life have been? where would I be right now? Would my love for animals be my biggest strength, or my biggest weakness? I guess I'll never know.


*update*

Chilly is fine. It was a paper cup (the waxed ones used to hold buttered corn) they found inside his tummy, and not a golf ball. He's recovering happily at home.

0 comments:

"Life is too short to wake up in the mornings with regrets. So love the ones who treat you right, forget the ones who don’t. Remember that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance take it, if it changes your life, then let it. No one said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Chat Box

Recent Comments

Recent Visitors


"..and when you look back, it's all like a puff - happy, and over, and short enough. "