Piggy Flu in UK

Sometime last week, out of the blue, I asked Pranav if he was interested to go to Cancun, Mexico. He then asked me why Cancun of all places. I answered, "because I want to swim with dolphins!". Why I came up with that, I don't remember.

I forgot all about Mexico until last saturday, while on my lunch break at work, when breaking news reported of the latest deadly virus, Swine Flu. Scary! First, Mad Cow, then Bird Flu...now this. I am a bit concerned, because although I have no more desire to go to Mexico, Pranav and I work at the airport, in an environment where we can very easily pick up any virus. We deal with passengers that fly to/from Mexico and this is alarming. Last night, there were two confirmed cases of Swine Flu in Scotland. Today, I noticed several people wearing masks. I wonder if it will get so bad that we'll be required to wear them as well...?

Apparently, you can not get Swine Flu from eating pork, but through contact with infected pigs or areas where pigs have been. You get it from an infected person, and it is spread through coughing, sneezing, and touching contaminated areas. Its symptoms are:

*


Google has created a Swine Flu Map where one can track how the infection has spread.

Let's all take necessary precautions, and pray we and our loved ones are spared from this flu virus.

* photo taken from wikipedia

0 comments:

"Life is too short to wake up in the mornings with regrets. So love the ones who treat you right, forget the ones who don’t. Remember that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance take it, if it changes your life, then let it. No one said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Chat Box

Recent Comments

Recent Visitors


"..and when you look back, it's all like a puff - happy, and over, and short enough. "