Independence Day


110 years ago today, the people of the Philippines 'proclaimed sovereignty and independence from the colonial rule of Spain'.


Today is significantly a day of independence for me, too.


Because I RESIGNED TODAY.


After months and months of putting it off, thinking a thousand times, and praying about it... I finally did it.


It's been one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make, and I have to admit I had moments of self-doubt, but I stuck to my guns and just did it. It really is time for me to move on. I'm free at last.


But why do I feel this sense of emptiness... So relieved, yet so very, very sad.

6 comments:

kikomeister said...

all the best boo.

boo said...

thank you, kiko! Scared but quite excited to begin a new chapter in my life...

ms firefly said...

i know how it feels!
i just quit my 5-year job last december, and the next two months were the most difficult. because i stayed jobless (until now), the transition was quite a challenge. but you'll be fine in no time. :)

i wish you much strength, and a challenging, exciting career soon!

boo said...

thank you, odette! it's quite a strange feeling, happy-kind-of-sad... but more apprehensive about what lies ahead. Sort of back to square one. thanks for your good wishes! you know, i wish i could be as productive as you are. you are blessed with such great talent, and it's lovely you have such a big heart to share your beautiful artwork with your friends.

Toni said...

New journey, new path, new adventures! Good luck Boo! All the best to you. *hugs*

boo said...

thank you, toni! now more than ever I'm ready to embark on a new journey, travel a new path and experience new adventures! how has it been for you, with YOUR own new journey/path/adventure? =)

I am blessed by all the good wishes I have been receiving. thank you sooo much! *hugs*

"Life is too short to wake up in the mornings with regrets. So love the ones who treat you right, forget the ones who don’t. Remember that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance take it, if it changes your life, then let it. No one said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Chat Box

Recent Comments

Recent Visitors


"..and when you look back, it's all like a puff - happy, and over, and short enough. "