16 years is still a long time

Last night was sleepless. I tossed and turned literally the whole night. I was trying to catch my sleep when the strangest thoughts started playing in my head. I started to panic. I rang Pranav (I was in the bedroom, he in the living room -- I'm lazy like that) to come quick. I started to babble on and on about how, in 16 years, I would be 50.



50! Half a century old, and at the moment, with nothing, still, to prove. I have yet to get married, and yet to have kids. I need to find a job where I would be really, really happy. We need to buy our own property, and visit each others' countries. I started getting emotional, and he started...laughing. Tsk! I wasn't being taken seriously, but he explained that 16 years was still a long time for a lot to happen in between. We need to just focus on the day to day, and it will all work out. After the impromptu long talk we had, I finally drifted off to sleep, although it really was a short and mababaw sleep.



I realize now how funny I must have sounded, to have a panic attack out of the blue, but a part of me deep inside is still really scared. At 50, both our parents (his and mine), were accomplished, settled, fulfilled, and had been and done everything. I am overwhelmed by the thought of so much to do in 16 years, and my heart becomes anxious. But I am comforted by the reassurance that I will have the next 16 years with him, however and wherever. I thank the Lord for Pranav everyday.

1 comments:

ms firefly said...

don't worry boo, i'll be 50 also in a little more than 20 years. it's kinda freaky, but at least we have someone to hold hands with until that time. so it won't be so scary. :D

"Life is too short to wake up in the mornings with regrets. So love the ones who treat you right, forget the ones who don’t. Remember that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance take it, if it changes your life, then let it. No one said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it."

Chat Box

Recent Comments

Recent Visitors


"..and when you look back, it's all like a puff - happy, and over, and short enough. "